|OLDS JUNIOR CURLING CLUB
FOR 8 TO 18 YEAR OLDS
Our Junior Curling program is open to curlers from the ages of 8 to 18. Our program runs in conjunction with the Olds High School Spartans program.
U13 and U18 curling will take place on Tuesdays from 3:30 - 5 pm. Register Here
Please try to be at the rink by 3:30 pm. We will have around 15 minutes for you to have a snack and get ready and we'll start doing warmups at 3:45 pm. During this time, your instructor will give you information on what you will be doing for the day.
All curlers will need the following gear:
- Clean, non-slip shoes, preferably with a flat sole (like deck shoes or board shoes). You must have these each afternoon or you will not be allowed on the ice. You cannot wear the shoes you wear to the rink on the ice.
- Pants that you can stretch out in but preferably ones that won't shed a lot on the ice (polar fleece is not a good choice).
- A jacket or sweatshirt that is warm but not overly bulky.
- Gloves or mitts, again not fleece. Baseball gloves work great or leather or cotton gardening gloves or ski mitts or gloves, anything like that.
- Young curlers may want to wear a helmet until they are steady on the ice. This is recommended but not required.
- We do not teach sweeping with a slider on. If you have curling shoes with an attached slider, you will need a gripper to wear when you are not delivering.
For Curlers between 8 and 18 years.
Tuesdays from 3:30 - 5 pm.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions about the junior program.
Lexi Jardine throws a rock during a junior curling bonspiel at the Olds Curling Club. March 2019
Photo credit: Noel West/MVP Staff