Friday Fun Night 6:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Please note the following dates will NOT be available for Friday Fun Night due to other club events eg. bonspiels: Jan. 18, Feb. 15, Feb. 22, Mar 1, Mar 15, Mar 29
Drop-in fee $5/person or $10/family for non-members, free for current club members. Do you have friends, family, neighbors who may be interested in curling but they’re just not sure how or where to begin? Are you new to this sport and want some extra practice or do you just want to work on improving your perfect draw weight? Then contact Brandee Lentz at 403-791-6115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info. This is a very informal and fun night. Anyone can come to the rink and throw some rocks!
For new or beginner curlers, you will need the following gear:
1. Clean, non-slip shoes preferably with a flat sole. You can not wear the shoes you wear to the rink on the ice.
2. Comfortable pants that provide some stretch and flexibility. Avoid pants with zippers on the legs.
3. A jacket or sweatshirt that is warm but not overly bulky.
4. Gloves or mitts.
5. Young curlers may want to wear a helmet until they are steady on the ice. Kids under six are required to wear a helmet.
6. The club has a good quantity of beginner brooms and kid size sliders. Adults may need to provide their own slider. We strongly encourage everyone to only use a slider for delivery so sharing is a good option.
Please avoid fleece or any items that could shed on the ice such as warm, fuzzy sweaters.