Our Junior Curling program is open to curlers from the ages of 8 to 18. Our program runs in conjunction with the OHS Spartans High School program.
The program runs on Wednesdays from 4:00 – 5:30. Please try to be at the rink by 3:30. We will have around 15 minutes for you to have a snack and get ready and we’ll start doing warm-ups at 3:45. During this time I will give you information on what we are doing for the day.
Call or text Heather at 403-391-1726 if you will not be at a session.
All curlers will need the following gear:
- Clean, non – slip shoes preferably with a flat sole (like deck shoes or board shoes). You must have these each afternoon or you will not be allowed on the ice. You can not wear the shoes you wear to the rink on the ice.
- Pants that you can stretch out in but preferably ones that won’t shed a lot on the ice (polar fleece is not a good choice).
- A jacket or sweatshirt that is warm but not overly bulky.
- Gloves or mitts, again not fleece. Baseball gloves work great or leather or cotton gardening gloves or ski mitts or gloves, anything like that.
- Young curlers may want to wear a helmet until they are steady on the ice. This is recommended but not required.
- You may bring your own brooms and sliders but you don’t have to, the club has these for you. Sliders are only used when delivering the rock. We do not teach sweeping with a slider on. If you have curling shoes with an attached slider, you will need a gripper to wear when you are not delivering.
If you have any questions please contact:
Heather Budd: 403-391-1726 or email email@example.com
Colin Mueller: 403-588-7272 or email firstname.lastname@example.org